BALI Latest Updates
Leading news items in this double edition: An English tourist has apparently killed himself in his Sanur hotel room. A Dutch tourist collapsed and died during dinner at a Petitienget Restaurant. A Singaporean tourist was evacuated to Bali for medical treatment after being bitten by a Komodo Dragon at the Komodo National Park. An American had been found dead in his rented room on South Denpasar and an Australian man has apparently been murdered in his Sanur, Bali residence. A Singaporean student, thought to have been under the influence of magic mushrooms, has fallen to his death from a Kuta hotel.
The trial for armed robbery of a series of convenience stores by an American citizen has begun in Denpasar.
5 young boys who have been committing vicious armed robberies of motorists in Denpasar have been arrested by police.
"May Day" Marchers in Bali have demanded higher wages and the enforcement of existing rules allowing days off for menstruating female workers.
The stand-off continues between conventional taxi drivers and online application transportation users in Bali.
Rafting operators in Karangasem are at an impasse with regency officials over the collection of “retribution” fees of Rp. 30,000 from every rafting customer.
If Government plans go ahead, starting in October, cash will no longer be accepted for vehicles traveling on the Bali Mandara Toll Road.
The sailing yacht “Walk on the Wild Side” has taken line honors in the Fremantle to Bali Ocean Classic Race.
Hotel News: The Westin Nusa Dua and Bali International Convention Center have appointed a new F&B Manager. The Griya Santrian in Sanur celebrates 45 years of serving Bali Island visitors. And Colliers International counts up the growing number of new hotels openings opening in Bali. The Province of Bali halts (at least, temporarily) a 3,000 Unit Condotel Project at Geger Beach, South Bali.
The Bali Safari & Marine Park will open a Marine Park in early 2017.
Province Calls a Halt to 3,000 Unit Condotel Project at Geger Beach, South Bali
National foreign tourist arrivals increased 15% in Q1 2017, a rate of growth that may fall short of a 15 million target set by the Ministry of Tourism. We have a “Bali by the Numbers” report showing arrivals through the end of Q1 2017 that are up 22%.
Aviation News: AirAsia X will start flying daily and direct between Bali and Mumbai starting on May 19th. Citilink Indonesia now flies daily between Bali and Dili. The Indonesian Tourism Minister say 2 million more airlines seats are needed to meet 15 million tourist target for 2017. Garuda adds 45,000 seats to handle the Lebaran Holiday rush coming in June.
Ferry tariffs between Bali and Java have increased by around 15%.
Bali is spending money on infrastructure improvements to welcome World Bankers and International Monetary Fund representatives for a major international conference in October 2018.
The waters of Lake Buyan and Lake Tamblingan are on the rise, submerging lakeside temples and garden areas.
Bali Hai Cruises celebrates Earth Day and Kartini Day with the children of Nusa Lembongan.
Take a trip back in time as we look at life in the early 1800s when a King ruled almost every aspect of Balinese life.
- Sioux Indians from South Dakota, Dayak Performers from Kalimantan and Balinese Gamelan in Artistic Collaborations at Arma Museum in Ubud on Thursday, May 18, 2017.
- World Cup Charity Golf Tournament at New Kuta Golf Club Saturday, May 20, 2017.
- AYANA Resort Bali with Five-Courses and Five-Wine at Three Venues on May 26, 2017.
- Tepi Sawah Festival in Ubud June 3-4, 2017.
- Sturia Caviar and Duval Leroy Champagnes at the St. Regis Resort on Friday, June 9, 2017.
- Bali Summer Golf Festival at Bali National Golf Club on Saturday, June 10, 2017.
- Summer Camp and Super Camp for Kids at The Green School June 19-25, 2017.
- Put on Your Black Tie and Join The Bali Ballat the Alila Seminyak Resort on July 22, 2017.
- Maybank Bali Marathon Sunday, August 27, 2017.
- 8th Denpasar Film Festival September 6-10, 2017.
- BALINALE – Bali Internatonal Film Festival September 24-30, 2017.
- Bali Readers & Writers Festival in Ubud October 25-29, 2017.
- AdAsia 2017 – a gathering for Advertising Executives in Bali November 8-10, 2017.
Keep the news coming and advertise your products on Bali Discovery and Bali Update
Support the advertisers who make Bali Update possible and advertise on Bali Update. The link to learn more: www.balidiscovery.com